Friday, September 17, 2010

What is a midi interface?

I am trying to verbs Midi from my computer, to my YAMAHA YPT-400, using YAMAHA musicsoft, and I connected the USB cable to the instrument from my computer and it keeps proverb that it is unable to communicate next to the instrument...it is using the Keyboard as midi input, and microsoft gs sw synth as the output..I have no perception what I am doing wrong..I checked to see if it was the usb cord but the midi played from my computer through the upright..which means it is not the cord! PLEASE HELP!

What is a midi interface?

All MIDI In and MIDI Out connectors are bit of a MIDI interface. A MIDI interface moves internal binary data to the MIDI Out connector for nouns to another device's MIDI In connector, in MIDI message form. It also receive incoming MIDI messages arriving on the MIDI In connector (from another device's MIDI Out connector) into internal binary data. All MIDI compatible instruments enjoy a built-in MIDI interface. Some computers' sound cards own a built-in MIDI Interface, whereas others require an external MIDI Interface which is usually connected to the computer via USB or FireWire.



It is definitely not the chord. Might be a sw setting. check the yamaha musicsoft to see if nearby is any setting issue.
you need to strip the flex for the USB cable, and you will see four wires. cut both the green and white one, and connect them to each other (so it go white>green, green>white). this should solve your problems
There is probably a program that came beside the keyboard that will assist you.


No comments:

Post a Comment