Friday, September 17, 2010

What External Hard Drive to take?

What brand and size should I win? Right now my computer is getting pretty full, and I'd fairly it not be so full. I would like to use my computer for only just main stuff, but store adjectives of my games, pictures, music, movies, etc, on the hard drive. Right in a minute I have a 170GB Hard Drive, and of that 50GB free. I full up about 120GB up contained by maybe 2 months time, or smaller quantity. So would you say a 250GB or 320GB, or different size? For the brand, Western Digital internal firm drives have other worked good for me, and I've looked at a few, and the best reviews stir to Western Digital and Seagate. I've also seen a brand I hadn't hear of before very soon, Iomega, and they seem to hold good reviews too, and they are cheaper than other external sturdy drives. i.e. - A western digital 250GB EHD is $98, while an Iomega 320GB EHD is $100, a mere $2 more for another 70GB of space, and with matching amount of good/bad reviews.



Anyway, any help is appreciated, appreciation

Matt

What External Hard Drive to take?

Go for the 320gb one.



The important piece to remember is that this is for back up purposes and is not designed to be used as a main drive. So go and get the biggest one you can and back up your information.



The brands you mention are all upright solid makes the merely differences will be in speeds etc which are not that meaningful if all you doing is notes back up.



I would not run so far as to get a 500gb drive though as you will in actual fact only be getting in the region of 450gb, 320gb is more than enough

The answers post by the user, for information single, RunQA.com does not guarantee the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment